Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Hot Spot: PUR LUX Lounge with Grammy Nominated Artist & Actor Mack Wilds

Grammy Nominated Artist & Actor Mack Wilds.
Always in search of the next HOT SPOT; my Alice@Large adventures brought me to PUR LUX Lounge, located in Newport News, Virginia! In addition, Grammy Nominated Artist and Actor Mack Wilds was also in town, so you know my goal was trying to find out some scoop on his rise from Staten Island to Hollywood!

Performing "Own It" at PUR LUX Lounge

Pur Lux Loung Newport News, VA 
Well it's safe to say, that he is one talented and focused young man! What astonishes me is his ability to cross so many borders at a young age! Very impressive! Let me give you a little list of where you many know him from? Most notable for work on "The Wire" & "90210" (definitely post code envy!) He has also appeared on "Cold Case" and "Law & Order."  "Half Nelson" was Mack's film debut, but my favorite role thus far has to be Lt. Ray Gannon, from "Red Tails."  A true story about the Tuskegee Airmen. I was honored to meet a few, so this role hit close to home for me!  George Lucas invested 58 million of his own money to bring this American story to life! Nice!

So, Yeah. About those power moves! Of course the next phase would be music? Which he has already shown to be a contender!  For his debut album "New York: A Love Story" Mack received a Grammy Nomination for  "Best Urban Contemporary Album." I was lucky enough to witness his live performance at PUR LUX Lounge, the boy's got lungs! Right before he hit the stage, we had a little small talk about his visit to Virginia and the possibility of going to Japan!  "I cannot wait to go! I am very excited!"  My response, was "Well, looks like there definitely is a tour in order!" He was in great spirits  and had a very personable air about him! Very sweet! Nothing but big smiles as he hugged and took pictures with fans. Although I didn't get to pick his brain, I was very happy to meet such a grounded, down to earth, talented young man! Very polite and very well mannered! Very much a cutie as well!

Mack Wilds you better work! You better "Own It!" I will for sure keep him on my radar as we hit Grammy Season in a few weeks!






No comments:

Post a Comment