Thursday, July 24, 2014

Throwback Thursday! Hosting the International Children's Festival - Asia IG Style!




Had THE BEST time hosting at the International Children's Festival! My family and I have gone almost every year, with Mom in all her glory, a staple representing at the Thailand Booth. So when I had the opportunity to emcee, heck ya? On board!

 Even better, I was planted at the Asia stage to announce many of the countries and acts through out the day. Fun! Fun! Fun!  Each country had a special traditional performance and man, amazing! There were so many great performances, but I will always love the Chinese Dragon Demonstrations. The colors, the movement, the bodies, the sounds.  Enticing.

Growing up mostly in Asia, this really brought me back to my roots! I loved being around so much culture at one time and I salute the city of Hampton for bringing us all together!
 

More than 30 countries were represented at this years festival. Yeah, the weather did show out, raining most of the day, but that didn't stop the magic!


In addition to traditional performances, each country's booth had cultural crafts and presentations. Kids received "Passports" and were encouraged to get a stamp from each country they visited. Tell me that isn't the cutest ever!

Not only did the kids have a ball, but the food? Ah, amazing! I mean, Greek Gyros to Pad Thai to Korean Bulgogi to Mexican Tacos and I can go on really. This is one of the many things my family and I enjoy about the Hampton International Children's Festival. The fact that you can have an international lunch? ROCKS.

Always a good time! This year, the new addition? Those exotic animals, that you get to pet and take that quick "Selfie" with. All in all, I was honored to be apart of Hampton History!


This year represented the 15th Annual International Children's Festival in Hampton. Interested in being a vendor or sponsor next year? Call  (757) 727-8311 or (757) 728-2085.

To have your country represented at the festival, contact Event Coordinators at 727-8314. Looking forward to seeing what new cultures we can explore next year!




         Visit me at https://www.facebook.com/alicesidaii/internationalchildrensfest to see more pics!










No comments:

Post a Comment